|Remove||Item||Quantity × Price|
|Your cart is empty|
Combining turmeric, ginger and lemon, jamu juice is a Balinese natural remedy and immune boosting elixir for all sorts of physical ailments from common cold, heart disease to impotence. In Bali, it's certainly the local answer when one finds symptoms to any illness (besides temple ceremony and prayer!)
Turmeric and especially its most active compound curcumjn is known to help prevent heart disease, Alzheimer’s and cancer. It’s a potent anti-inflammatory and antioxidant can also help improve symptoms of depression and arthritis. In addition, it's incredible at removing heavy metals such as arsenic, nickel, cadmium, mercury, aluminum and lead.
Here we have a wonderful Turmeric Gingerade Probiotic Mocktail juice recipe by @covitabali to help you boost your immune system in style!You can find their healthy, no added sugar probiotic drinks in bottles and healthy snacks all around Bali!
MAIN INGREDIENTS (4 SERVINGS)
Sparking Probiotic / Kombucha - 950ml / 4 cups
Turmeric Root Juice - 30ml / 2 tbsp
Ginger Root Juice - 20ml / 1 1/2 tbsp
Lemon, juiced - 1pc
Sprig of Mint Leaves
• Extract juice from turmeric root and ginger with a juicer and add into glass. Add lemon juice into the mixture and stir.
• Taste and adjust flavor as needed. It should taste balanced, sweet and sour, with a slight of sharp flavor of ginger in the background.
• Add in lemon slices and mint leaves.
• let chill in a fridge - Upon serving, top up with sparkling probiotic or kombucha and garnish with slices of lemon, turmeric and fresh mint leaves. Stir well as desired.
You can also:
1) add a pinch of black pepper to activate curcurmin in turmeric; or
2) add 50ml of fresh apple juice to create a sweeter flavor.
Our vegan cookbook has another probiotic drink recipe from Covita along with 150+ more healthy, original, creative and delicious recipes provided by 60 restaurants around Bali. Shop today and apply "happyvegan10" to get 10% off when ordering an eBook!
PIN IT, SAVE IT, MAKE IT LATER!